Author: Suzanne Mathia
Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4 are now available on Adobe.com.
This release provides additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
This release also includes a new Boundary Warp feature for Creative Cloud members.
Introducing Boundary Warp
Stitched panoramas often have non-rectangular boundaries. There are several ways to handle irregular boundaries.
- Apply a rectangular crop. quick and simple, but important image details near the edges may be lost due to cropping.
- Content Aware Fill (in Photoshop) to fill in the transparent areas outside the boundary. This can be effective, but may require multiple attempts to obtain a pleasing result.
- Warping – in Photoshop can be complex and you may end up with odd results
This new feature provides another approach to handling the irregular boundary of panoramas. The feature analyzes the boundary and warps the image so that its edges fit a rectangular frame. In other words, its all done for you on the fly…quick easy and effective. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU LIGHTROOM!
- Fujifilm X70
- Fujifilm X-E2S
- Fujifilm X-Pro2
- Leica M (Typ 262)
- Leica X-U (Typ 113)
- Panasonic DMC-ZS60 (DMC-TZ80, DMC-TZ81, DMC-TZ85)
- Phase One IQ150
- Sony ILCA-68 (A68)
- Nikon 1 J4 Camera Matching Profile added
- The panorama merging process should complete roughly twice as fast as Lightroom 6.3
- Improved quality when applying Auto Straighten and Upright “Level” mode
- A preference was added to the Mac to prevent accidental “speed swiping”
- Metadata is added to merged panoramas to support Photoshop’s Adaptive Wide Angle filter
- Customers can now set the location of where photos are stored when downloaded from Lightroom mobile or Lightroom web in the preference panel or contextually in the folder panel
- Thumbnails update much quicker when copying and pasting settings in the grid view
- Images load faster in the Library module when you are zoomed in and navigating images
- Tethered support added for the Nikon D5500 and Nikon D7200Fixed Bugs
Installation InstructionsPlease select Help > Updates to use the update mechanism in the Creative Cloud app.
- Auto Sync of some settings failed when using smart previews
- Lightroom would ignore model-specific custom default settings for some cameras, including some Leica and Sony models.
- Crop resets to image bounds when adjusting rotation via slider
- In Lights Out mode, an image would “disappear” if a customer uses the Undo functionality
- SIGMA 50mm f1.4 ART lens was incorrectly identified as Zeiss Milvus 50mm f1.4
- Soft Proofing RGB readout values differed for same file between 5.7.1 and 6.x
- Import from iPhoto would result in all photos receiving a “pick” flag
- Comments from Lightroom web come in to Lightroom on the desktop as already “read.”
- Lightroom would not display the correct EXIF metadata for some video files generated by Canon, Fuji and Panasonic cameras
- Vertical panoramas created using Merge could appear with the wrong orientation
- The video cache did not respect the maximum size specified in the preferences
- Customers experienced issues importing video files in some scenarios
- Tethering Nikon cameras on Mac OS X 10.11(El Capitan) did not work properly